Thread: VSS Error after Creator's Update: can't process EFI system partition on GPT disk.

Unhappy VSS Error after Creator's Update: can't process EFI system partition on GPT disk.

Having VSS issues after creator's update as well w/ no entries in the event viewer. The HDM log does show:
    SNAPSHOT0001 ERROR VssClient::ContinueBackupWithCreateSnapshot(). m_pVssObject->IsVolumeSupported( m_ProviderID, ) failed. hr = 0x80070057. E_INVALIDARG. One of the parameters is not valid.
    SNAPSHOT0001 Leave CreateVSSSnapshotInt(). Snapshot creation failed. Fail details: CallingFunction = VssClient::ContinueBackupWithCreateSnapshot(); FailedFunction = m_pVssObject->IsVolumeSupported( m_ProviderID, ); ComMessage = E_INVALIDARG. One of the parameters is not valid.; hr = 0x80070057
    SNAPSHOT0001 Leave CreateVSSSnapshot(). Snapshot creation failed. RC = 0x80070057

It is a GPT disk and it seem to have trouble processing the EFI System Partition; if I exclude said partition it seems to work.

Re: VSS Error after Creator's Update: can't process EFI system partition on GPT disk.

gpk

As a customer that has previously raised a very similar ticket, I found similar items in the logs

Have you looked at https://www.paragon-software.com/lan...eators-update/ ?

This appears to have worked for me ...

Re: VSS Error after Creator's Update: can't process EFI system partition on GPT disk.

Quote Originally Posted by Steven_W View Post
    gpk

As a customer that has previously raised a very similar ticket, I found similar items in the logs

Have you looked at https://www.paragon-software.com/lan...eators-update/ ?

This appears to have worked for me ...
    I had seen your post but I hadn't seen the landing page, thanks.
    However the new version isn't up yet, I'm already using the listed version in "My Paragon". I'll wait for the update and email notification.
    Did support send yo ua link directly to the SP 5 ver you mention in your thread?