Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Backup to VD wizard = fail VSS specific error..... source: Hard Disk Manager

Question Backup to VD wizard = fail VSS specific error..... source: Hard Disk Manager

Paragon Backup and Recovery 15, version 10.1.25.779 (31.07.15 ) Home

New laptop. Just installed B&R15. Trying to do my first full drive backup to VD but can't even get past 'Initializing VSS please wait.... VSS specific error..... source: Hard Disk Manager".

Try to view programs logs and get errors, cannot even view the logs at all. Get "File Parsing Error, Wrong or usupported file format.

HELP please?

Re: Backup to VD wizard = fail VSS specific error..... source: Hard Disk Manager

Same problem here. I just received a new LENOVO x270 on which I did a fresh Win10-Pro install on an SSD.

Windows Update then installed 1703 (Windows 10 Creators Update) via windows update (OS Build 1506.332)

I own: Paragon Hard Disk Manager, version 10.1.25.813 (16.09.15 ) Suite

When using Smart Backup (Legacy Features enabled) VSS technology is failing with error: 0x1112

It makes 3 attempts and fails all 3 and then runs a "load a DOS version at bootup" which I assume works but is much less convenient (I think it's slower too).

I use BR15 on my other computers (4 desktops and one other laptop) which all still run Win10 v1607.
    As they're older systems MS has not installed 1703 when doing system updates.
    VSS works fine on them all.

Thank you for any info on what might need to be turned off / disabled / changed in 1703 to make things work as I'm used to.

Or is there an upcoming BR15 Creators Update/Patch that fixes this?

Re: Backup to VD wizard = fail VSS specific error..... source: Hard Disk Manager

I just tried running it from Safe Mode and it wants to do the backup from a DOS prompt.
    It doesn't even try to load VSS as I assume it's not supported in Win10 Safe Mode.

Disabled Windows Defender. No luck --- same problem, same error.

I found the solution that worked for me:

You can also go to https://kb.paragon-software.com/article/185
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by tzr916; 13.06.17 at 00:19.

I’m running: Win 10 v1703 Build 15063.413, and PHDM 15 Suite. I cannot find any solution here to this VSS error problem.
    I am looking, but apparently I am not seeing. Any help will be sincerely appreciated.

Warren

Paragon has released an update to resolve the Windows 10 Creators Update problems. I ran it today and it fixed all the issues I was having. VSS runs fine now.

Please use HDM15 SP5 (build 10.1.25.1137) for Win 10 v1703 Build 15063.413 Creators

I am having this same problem. I have Paragon Hard Disk Manager 15. In the above dialog, there is no option to select "Paragon Hot Processing." It is hardwired to use "Microsoft Volume Shadow Copy Service." When run it always has the same error as specified in this thread. It says to look at the log files and (I assume) the Event Manager for VSS and Application errors. When I attempt to used the "View Log Files" function it reports the previously discrbed error. I can go into the program director and open all the log files without any problem.

I did run a successful backup image on another Windows 10 machine and it had no problem opening and reading the log file that it, itself, had created.

I am using Windows 10 Pro, Version 1703, Build 15063.413. Where would I get HDM 15 SP5 (build 10.1.25.1137), the only option on the license page is for the latest release.

Paragon Hard Disk Manager™, version 10.1.25.813 (16.09.15 ) Suite
    Last edited by JCHeberle; 21.06.17 at 05:48.