Thread: Interface has to be more user friendly

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Interface has to be more user friendly

I'm with Thales. The new interface is crap! I use the partition manager mainly. I'm very disappointed with the new interface. I'M NOT BLIND, I have glasses you know. The giant graphical display on my laptop is a waste of space. It's so large I can't get an overview, and I can't see the detail.

I've looked for a way to scale down the graphic but none exists. I've looked for a text-based list but non exist. HDM has always had an interface design problem. The new one, while different, is no better.

The ONE element I do like in the new interface is the immediate execution. Apart from that, give me the older one with all its problems any day.

The new interface needs:

1. a method to reduce the size of the graphic and thereby show more information without scrolling. A zoom control??

2. a list of partitions on each drive. An alternative listing like we have in version 15 and earlier.

Re: Interface has to be more user friendly

+1 to the above.

I upgraded my HDM 15 Pro (SP5) to HDM 16 Advanced. I have tried really hard over the past two months to get on with the new "big, flat and simple" interface but it just does not give me the same detail and flexibility as HDM 15. Also I have now found that the Single Backup Wizard in HDM 16 just opens and then stops responding whilst HDM 15 SP5 works perfectly (Win10.0.162909).

Also the registration system in HDM 16 is a PITA. The program installs all folders and icons as "Basic". You then log in to your account and find the option to use the purchased Advanced licence. The program still shows everywhere as basic and opens as basic, activating the advanced features after it has started. It just seems ill thought out and clunky and this appears to be reflected in various KB articles about registration.

Anyway I have finally given up as the new interface and not responding hinders me rather than helps me and so I have been forced to revert to HDM 15.

Disk partitioning, resizing, moving and imaging is never going to be something all PC users will be able to handle no matter how big, flat and simple the interface is made.