Thread: [newbe] How to create a job?

Question [newbe] How to create a job?

This year I updated to Windows 10, but with this upgrade I also lost Norton Ghost 15, which I was using for years. Yes, I tried something with backwards compatibility to still use it, but that didn't work out as I wanted. So that was over. So, I'm not new to know the importance of having an image of my systemdrive, which saved my PC several times throughout the years. But with the lost of NG15, it took some time reading to find a good replacement and if I can trust what I read so far, Paragon will the best option to do so. In meanwhile I used Veeam, but without going into details, Veeam (free) is OK, but I wasn't happy with it.

Yes, I compare Paragon with I'm used to be with NG15, and for now, Paragon isn't as simple at the first start up. After the install nothing happens, no question "Do you want to create a System Recover Disk"; "Create a first backup" or "Create a job" Only a 300 pages manual and this forum, not even a quick start guide. After install the program starts in full mode while the manual starts in express mode, and this option is explained at page 39 of the manual, so great!!!

But I can read, and after sometime now I have created a recovery media USB (very important to have), and made my first full backup. I just choosed the first option to backup my C-drive (SSD) includes the windows hide partitions. And did an integrity check, which was OK.

1) Why is first full backup divided into several parts, instead of one file? Did I do something wrong, or is this the way Paragon works?

9-9-2017 21-16-16.png

With NG15 I was used to have a job (scheduled task) which took weekly a full backup of my systemdrive, and daily (about 18.00 hour) an incremental backup. The backup job saved two weeks and if the third week started, the first week was deleted automatic and so on. So if necessary I could for what reason to back in time for one week. Possibly read somewhere it was a good option to do and always followed it. But may be there is an better option now a days with Paragon?

2) How do I create a job as I mentioned, assuming that this could be the best solution. Suggestions are welcome.

Finally, I hope to get as happy with Paragon as I used to be with NG. May be I was to spoiled

Re: [newbe] How to create a job?

Sunday morning, a nice moment to read the manual and find an answer to my questions:

1) Why is first full backup divided into several parts, instead of one file? Did I do something wrong, or is this the way Paragon works?

Read something about splitting image, which was checked by default. Why I don't understand, but I unchecked the box and hopefully this solves it?

2) How do I create a job as I mentioned, assuming that this could be the best solution. Suggestions are welcome.

O yeah, page 142 of the manual, after a long read, finally find it: Automating regular backup routine. Followed the instruction, and I will see what the couple days how it will went. But so far I have a scheduled task to create full and incremental backups. May be a good idea to mange this option as tile in the express mode.

At the end find what I was looking for so far, but a quick start sheet had to be much easier and nicer to find out how this software works.