Quote Originally Posted by mtcsltd View Post
I recently updated to HDM 17.
I created the bootable USB media disk.
When I boot from this, HDM is only seeing the USB media, not the SSD's of the devices I've booted on. I though this might be because those SSD's were encrypted with bitlocker, however if I physically remove the SSD, put it into an external caddy, then HDM can see that device.
Is there something I need to do to see the SSD without having to remove it and use an external caddy?

This wasn't a problem with the earlier versions of HDM that I've used (15 for example).
Did you happen to get a new computer too? How is the SATA Operation on your computer set up? On the Dell Workstations I support, I need to modify the BIOS configuration so the SATA Operation is "AHCI" and not "RAID On". All Dell workstations seem to come with "RAID On" as the default, even if there aren't multiple drives or if RAID is not needed. I have found that if my BIOS is configured for RAID On, my HDM Boot disk won't "see" the hard drives in the system. I also found that if the system boot hard drive had the OS installed with the BIOS in the RAID On configuration, the computer system won't boot properly if I change the SATA Operation to AHCI. It's a bit of a conundrum. I reconfigure all the Dell workstations I get by changing the SATA Operation to ACHI and then re-install the OS on the system boot drives. Then my Paragon HDM boot disk can always see the drives.

Another option, if you find your system is configured for RAID ON, is to inject RAID drivers for your system into the HDM boot ISO. I haven't had any luck with this method yet, but you may be able to figure it out.