Firstly, does anyone know what the hours of operations are for Paragon tech-support? I leave voicemail open tickets etc. but haven’t heard back.

Trying to recover from a system that was hit by virus where many files were corrupt/encrypted but did not fully execute. I would like to restore from paragon version 16 back up which exists (incremental) on an external hard drive connected to this laptop by USB.

I created recovery media on USB flash drive. In doing so I did not use WAIK

I can boot into Paragon recovery using the flash drive, but get stuck on the 2nd stage of recovery where the tab says “Backup selection”. How is this different from the 3rd tab that says “Source”?

In any event, Backup Selection tab is red. If the next tab selects the Source where the backup lives, then I presume I’m now being asked what drives I want restored. If correct, I can’t make any selections that lights up the “Next” button.

If instead i’m being asked to select a backup to restore, I cannot see the external hard drives when plugged into any USB port. Even though I can feel the external hard drives rotating, and even though the external drives are completely functional in Windows 10 64 bit Home version.

That was last night. Making matters worse today, the laptop is not even seeing the C drive anymore regardless of how I set boot sequence in the system bios. What a mess.

I do have a new HD that I can install, but that probably won’t help me with my other problem stated above in trying to move through the restore process.

Desperate. Time is of the essence of course. Any help or guidance would be tremendously appreciated.