Hi,

Have a simple question for anyone to answer: I have a dual boot system with Windows 7 (64-bit) and Linux MINT 18.1 (64-bit) on one drive. I do have a second drive, but lets skip that for now. The boot drive uses GRUB2 which gives me the option of which OS to boot into and everything works fine.

If I use (have not purchased yet) Paragon's Hard Disk Manager v15 Professional to perform an image of this hard drive (a SAS Seagate 15K 600Gb Cheetah hard drive), will I be able to perform a simple re-image of both the ext4 and NTFS partitions on my boot drive if I need this? Will the re-imaging recovery also insure that the GRUB2 bootloader is reinstalled correctly or do I need to use the Linux Terminal obtained by booting from a Live Linux MINT CD) and enter the following two commands:

sudo grub-install /dev/sda
sudo update-grub

This is very important considering many people have dual boot systems these days and the number is increasing dramatically. Linux and Windows are becoming neighbors more frequently now and a backup/imaging software tool needs to be cognizant of this reality.

Let me know if anybody knows this answer and/or has gone through a re-image/recovery using Paragon's HD Manager v15 Professional.

Thanks!
Chris