So, I [wisely as it turned out] made a backup of my C: drive using Paragon HDM 17 to my NAS before doing the update that windows kept nagging me to do. I backed up the C: drive and the other 4 HDDs in the machine. Took ages, but completed successfully.

The update killed my system fairly comprehensively. "Hoorah" I thought, "Glad I made a backup"

Using the bootable Paragon Recovery Disk I'd created I found couldn't access the NAS, even though all the network settings are picked up correctly. I put in the correct network path & credentials and hit connect, but no joy; all I could see were the local disks.

I restored an older image of the C: Drive I'd made using Drive Image.

Now I have my C: drive back [albeit a nine-month old one] I want to get it back properly, using the Paragon backup from the NAS.

I can see the folder and the backup job in Paragon.

I can select the required source volume [virtual image] to restore, and the destination [original location] - see screenshot.

I assumed that hitting "Restore Now" would shut down the PC and do the restore by booting into a kind of DOS environment similar to that of the bootable version of HDM- obviously it can't be done in Windows itself.

But the "Restore Now" button is greyed out.

I am obviously doing something wrong. And I presume it's probably something basic. But what?

Help... Paragon Capture.jpg