Running V17.9.3 (Windows 10), I backed up just under 1TB of folders (data only) from my PC to a 2 TB external (USB) HD. Backup was successful so far as I could tell, and I managed to test-restore a backed up file to a separate location on my PC, to prove the system.

So far so good, but a day or so later I noticed that another full backup was in progress. No surprise when it failed due to insufficient space. When I tried to roll back this second, unwanted backup, I obviously did something wrong because the disk was now completely empty!

What I want to do is (or so I thought) straightforward:

1. Back up the folders whose contents I want to safeguard - I accept this will take a long time
2. Set up a schedule which means Paragon will back up any changes I have made inside those folders - either edited existing documents or created new ones. I assume (perhaps wrongly) that Paragon will launch whenever I boot the PC and run continuously in the background to achieve this, and that it will not carry out further full backups.

Clearly, I have not made the correct settings for Step 2. Can somebody explain if what I want to do is even possible; and if it is how I should make it happen? As you can probably tell, I am out of my depth here! so simple pointers would be welcome.