Hi!
This may be a very specific issue found with PARAGON Partition Manager Community Edition 17.
Here's the story:
I upgraded my Windows 11 laptop's SSD from 1TB to 2TB, then I took the 1TB SSD and installed it into a USB-C case (Orico's TCM2-C3) and plugged it into my Debian 12 machine to copy some files from it. I was able to copy about 512GB of data, smoothly and successfully.
I then plugged it (again, via USB-C) to my Windows Laptop intending to free-up all partitions id had and create a new one that used the whole disk. I used PPMCE 17 to do it, and then formatted it as ETX4 using the same tool.
BUT after that, when I plug the external SSD onto the Linux machine, it goes nuts: sometimes it says it can't read the disk's superblock, sometimes it doesn't even recognize the USB port altogether, and always fails to mount the disk.
I tried to format it back to NTFS, plugged back to the Windows machine and Windows recognizes it and enables me to copy to/from it with no issues.
BUT when I connect it to Linux all the same problems happen!
I have other SSDs that I removed from another computer and installed on the same case just to make sure it's not a case interface issue, and had no problems doing it.
I also partitioned and formatted another SSD using PPMCE 17 and the same issue manifested after that.
Any ideas on what might be going on?
Thanks,
Grohlfer