Thread: Error: "Operation has failed. Probably it has been terminated unexpectedly (May 2023)

Error: "Operation has failed. Probably it has been terminated unexpectedly (May 2023)

Hello - after well over a year with using the same template which does a Full Backup with 3 incremental chains to an NAS drive, I have been receiving this Error message from Paragon 17:
    "Operation has failed. Probably it has been terminated unexpectedly"
    I can confirm:
    5 files are written to the NAS drive into the designated path thus there are no permission issues or access issues to the NAS drive from Paragon.
    This is not an end user error but appears to possibly be an issue with Windows 10 22H2 or .Netframework or similar.
    I have created a new template - no resolve. Uninstalled, rebooted and reinstalled Paragon 17 with the latest release. Recreated the same template from scratch, issue persists
    Sent log files on Sunday May 7 with Incremental chain script then again Monday May 8 with new script.
    After no contact by Wednesday (and have paid support) I called and left message then wrote only to receive a solution on Wednesday of what I had already completed which was:
    "Can you please try either creating another backup job or altering your current job so that it performs a Full backup? It looks like it's having trouble referencing the incremental chain but it does appear to be connecting to the share successfully as you described."
    Today is one week (Sunday to Saturday) and this is all I've received, the two sentences above.
    I have open Support requests via the Paragon Portal as well as calling and writing to a tech rep.
    Also please note, Support needs to correct this issue whereby a User has a Log file Zipped that exceeds 10MB. Mine have been 14MB. An error is received when submitting the Log via the portal File Size Exceeds 10MB.
    Last edited by anthonyg; 13.05.23 at 20:11. Reason: add note about Portal Log file Max limit 10MB when files are 14MB

Re: Error: "Operation has failed. Probably it has been terminated unexpectedly (May 2

This issue was solved. Paragon released an updated version of Hard Disk Manager 17 on or about May 16, 2023. Installing this updated version resolved the issue above.