Thread: Validating suitable tool to access Linux filesystem Ext3/Ext4 on windows 10.

Validating suitable tool to access Linux filesystem Ext3/Ext4 on windows 10.

Hello Team,

I am working on embedded product. Where we are using SD Card to store data(logs/images). I am using Ext3 filesystem partition on SD card.
    Things are working fine. But we are accessing SD card connected on Embedded target via usb cable as a USB device on windows 10 to download data Similar to Smart phone with Sd card connected to Windows 10.

So because of Ext3 filesystem windows 10 is not able to detect the storage device.

For that I am validating suitable tool to access Linux filesystem Ext3/Ext4 on windows 10.

With Linux File Systems for Windows by Paragon Software (linuxwin_trial.exe (trail version for tool validation)) there is some observations.
    1) After installing linuxwin_trial (trail version for tool validation) on windows 10. I tried to detect SD card connected on embedded device via USB cable connection. On tool GUI I am not able to find Ext3 Partition on windows 10.
    But, when I am connecting SD card(Ext3) on window 10 Laptop card reader slot directly. Tool GUI is able to detect Ext3 partition in read/write mode.

My requirement for tool selection is tool GUI should able to detect EXT3 Partition via USB cable.

I am able to achieve same with DiskInternals Linux Reader tools.. But not satisfied with GUI user experience.

So, still expecting Linux File Systems for Windows by Paragon Software as preferred choice but help me to resolve the issue.
    We want to purchase multiple licenses.

Regards,
    Vishal Rana
    Last edited by Vishal Rana; 11.07.22 at 13:35.