Thread: Annoying Check Backup Data Validity window appears every time window receives focus

Annoying Check Backup Data Validity window appears every time window receives focus

This is either an enhancement request or bug report.
    Every time the Paragon Backup & Recovery 17 CE application is selected as the foreground app, or the window receives focus, typically by attempting to click a button in the window, the annoying "Check backup data validity, please wait..." window appears.

I must either wait for the window to finish checking validity, or cancel, then re-invoke the desired user operation/action.

This seems to be completely unnecessary.
    Can you modify the app so that data validity is checked only once immediately after a backup is created (and only if the user selects the "Check backup integrity after creation" option)?
    I can also understand the need to check data validity prior to restoring a backup.

But checking validity every time I click in the window seems completely unnecessary.

I have checked the "Check backup integrity after creation" option, because I want validity checked. But only once, immediately after backup file creation. Not every time I click in the window.

Re: Annoying Check Backup Data Validity window appears every time window receives foc

Quote Originally Posted by still_confused View Post
    This is either an enhancement request or bug report.
    Every time the Paragon Backup & Recovery 17 CE application is selected as the foreground app, or the window receives focus, typically by attempting to click a button in the window, the annoying "Check backup data validity, please wait..." window appears.

I must either wait for the window to finish checking validity, or cancel, then re-invoke the desired user operation/action.

This seems to be completely unnecessary.
    Can you modify the app so that data validity is checked only once immediately after a backup is created (and only if the user selects the "Check backup integrity after creation" option)?
    I can also understand the need to check data validity prior to restoring a backup.

But checking validity every time I click in the window seems completely unnecessary.

I have checked the "Check backup integrity after creation" option, because I want validity checked. But only once, immediately after backup file creation. Not every time I click in the window.
    I completely agree. It makes an otherwise pleasant experience obnoxious.

Re: Annoying Check Backup Data Validity window appears every time window receives foc

Quote Originally Posted by still_confused View Post

I don't have this checked and I'm getting this annoying popup.

Same here, it's annoyed me too for the past versions of HDM too and i'm amazed it's still present in the latest version and it hasn't been addressed. Any comment from the developers please??