Thread: Back up notifications to a gmail account are flagged as Less secure?

Back up notifications to a gmail account are flagged as Less secure?

Hi, I have set-up a scheduled regular back-up, and in order to get an email regarding back-up results to my Gmail address, I apparently had to allow "less Secure" access to my Google account? Is there something I did wrong? Is this because Paragon uses SMTP directly to send messages? Is there another way to do this that is "more secure"?

Thanks in advance for any helpful comments.

Re: Back up notifications to a gmail account are flagged as Less secure?

No you did not do anything wrong. It is unclear to me why this happens. But in a world with ransomware and spear fishing and other types of attacks Google/gmail is paranoid about any app really other than their own. I also think it is something to do with their need to control everything and thus their profits. If they dont control it they are going to have a hissy fit. I have several apps that are insecure according to them. The only thing I can say is that if you are entering in your username and password in another app it means that app has the potential to glean that info . I use an account that I have created for that purpose. I would never use my main email for this. Create a toss away for this purpose. Then you could in that account auto forward it to your main account if you want to be notifyed in that main account.