Thread: Can I uninstall ADK+Windows PE addon after successfully creating Recovery Media USB?

Can I uninstall ADK+Windows PE addon after successfully creating Recovery Media USB?

So, had to install ADK and Windows PE add-on in order to create my Recovery Media Builder USB.

Considering it's almost 7GB of disk space lost (and some CPU, I suspect), can I uninstall both packages (or any) after I successfully create the recovery media, or do I need to keep it both installed in the system if the need to restore the system from a bootable USB comes?

Paragon Backup & Recovery CE 17
    Windows 10 Pro 21H2
    ADK 2004
    Windows PE add-on 2004

Thanks.
    Last edited by pinifarina; 07.01.22 at 18:20.

Re: Can I uninstall ADK+Windows PE addon after successfully creating Recovery Media U

My OPINION is that you can. But it means that when ever you want to make a new Recovery Builder you will have to add it again. Yes its stupid that you have ton install it. I ran acronis for years and dont ever recall having to install this.

Re: Can I uninstall ADK+Windows PE addon after successfully creating Recovery Media U

Quote Originally Posted by KD KD View Post
    My OPINION is that you can. But it means that when ever you want to make a new Recovery Builder you will have to add it again. Yes its stupid that you have ton install it. I ran acronis for years and dont ever recall having to install this.
    Thanks.
    I took a risk and uninstalled both packages. If catastrophe arises and a boot restore is requested, fingers cross it won't be asking for ADK