Thread: what is the differnce between copy operating system and copy volume ?

what is the differnce between copy operating system and copy volume ?

I want to copy everything including OS from one disk to another exactly the same size.

Im confused what the difference is between copy OS system or copy volume is. Which should I choose to make duplicate in every way with the other disk and bootable.

I think copy Operating system, but its confusing because I dont just want the OS I also way all my files and programs etc.

Thanks.

Ps there seems to be no F1 help key ???

Re: what is the differnce between copy operating system and copy volume ?

Yes thats confusing. And no there is no F1 Key.
    If you have not found the helps here t hey are for 17. https://download.paragon-software.co...Manager_17.pdf
    However sometimes it doesnt provide the help you want and despite being for 17 some information is wrong regarding where menus are.

I suppose you could try one and see if it works. I would think copy volume is the whole disk but in my reading of the help it seems to say the copy os is os and data. So not quite sure what the differnce is. But maybe if you have unused space / partition on the disk that is not used it does not copy that?

Re: what is the differnce between copy operating system and copy volume ?

Hello and welcome to the forums!
    Copy OS copies partitions where OS Boot Files are located. So if you have only C: partition, all data located on C: will be copied, too (not just OS).