Thread: Restoring backup of C: Drive

Restoring backup of C: Drive

So, I [wisely as it turned out] made a backup of my C: drive using Paragon HDM 17 to my NAS before doing the update that windows kept nagging me to do. I backed up the C: drive and the other 4 HDDs in the machine. Took ages, but completed successfully.

The update killed my system fairly comprehensively. "Hoorah" I thought, "Glad I made a backup"

Using the bootable Paragon Recovery Disk I'd created I found couldn't access the NAS, even though all the network settings are picked up correctly. I put in the correct network path & credentials and hit connect, but no joy; all I could see were the local disks.

I restored an older image of the C: Drive I'd made using Drive Image.

Now I have my C: drive back [albeit a nine-month old one] I want to get it back properly, using the Paragon backup from the NAS.

I can see the folder and the backup job in Paragon.

I can select the required source volume [virtual image] to restore, and the destination [original location] - see screenshot.

I assumed that hitting "Restore Now" would shut down the PC and do the restore by booting into a kind of DOS environment similar to that of the bootable version of HDM- obviously it can't be done in Windows itself.

But the "Restore Now" button is greyed out.

I am obviously doing something wrong. And I presume it's probably something basic. But what?

Help... Paragon Capture.jpg

Re: Restoring backup of C: Drive

...so, I copied the entire backup from the NAS to a spare HDD, selected the volume I wanted to restore, and "restore now" is not greyed out
    "Great" I thought, system will now shut down, boot into Recovery Environment and restore.
    20 minutes later, I still have a window saying "Checking the restore point activity - please wait" It's a lot of data I know, but how long should this take?Restore point integrity.jpg

Re: Restoring backup of C: Drive

Hi Tontoe,

there is a thread one step older in this Restore channel: https://support.paragon-software.com...recovery-media. Have you checked the ideas there? You are not alone with the problem to access the backup on a NAS. By the way, what kind of NAS are you using?

Best