Thread: Paragon Software will not install on Mac

Paragon Software will not install on Mac

Regarding Paragon Hard Disk Manager for Mac.

During the part of the installation, where it says it has added "com.paragon-software.installer" (or something similar) to Full Disk Access, found in Privacy settings, and I just have to tick the box next to this to enable it.

It has not added "com.paragon-software.installer" (or however its called), so I'm not able to tick the box and enable it.
    I've tried searching for it on my Macbook Pro running 10.14.6, so that I can add it manually, but nothing comes up.
    I've also tried searching for a terminal command to add this process via that, to full disk access but a quick look on google says that there is no such thing as a terminal command to do it -- You must use Privacy settings apparently. Please correct me if I'm wrong on this!

I did purchase a license for this and it looks like I'm not going to be able to use it!

Anyone know a work-around or fix for this?

Thanks
    Last edited by RedMeekz; 11.10.21 at 10:34.

Re: Paragon Software will not install on Mac

Nevermind, I have resolved the issue. So basically the problem was that I was using an old Paragon Installer file version, and not the latest version. Note that, even when using the download page provided upon purchasing Paragon, like I did, this may not be the latest version!

I was also experiencing the problem where I was unable to enter my serial number so I couldn't activate the license.

The fix to both of these problems are to reinstall using the latest version - Register for MyParagon and ParagonBox (you can find links to these by using search function in the forums) and the latest version will be in the downloads page there instead.

(If any staff are reading this, please can you update the automatic email that gets sent out when you first purchase Paragon Hard Disk for Mac, so that the download link for the installer in that email (or webpage that the email directs you to), is the latest version of Paragon Hard Disk! Because I was unable to use because it was not the latest version!)

You can find the latest version installer in either MyParagon or ParagonBox (can't remember which -- I think its Paragon Box). Just register and re-install using this. Please use Uninstaller that came packaged in the install iso to uninstall all previous instances of Paragon Box software and support software first.

Step-by-step guide For anyone else experiencing these issues of being unable to install or unable to activate Paragon Box:

Firstly, use the Uninstaller that came packaged within the Paragon Installer Iso/dmg, to uninstall all instances of Paragon Hard Disk Manager, including any support software packages such as VMDK Mount (or however its spelt).
    (Don't uninstall by dragging and dropping application to trash, or by simply overwriting the previous Paragon Installer, this will not work.)

Secondly, register for ParagonBox and MyParagon services and activate your account/s. You can find the link by searching the forum.

Then, having logged into ParagonBox and MyParagon, look for your purchase. Open it up, and download the installer from here. This will be the latest version.

Install it using this latest version. You'll find the same problem might happen again with the Full Disk Access, and when you open Full Disk Access, Paragon Hard Disk Manager and VMDK Mounter (or however its spelt) will be in there ready to be ticked (please do) but com.paragon-installer is not there. Just tick boxes and continue.

You might find that there is no functionality in Paragon, just giving error sounds when trying to do anything. Close Paragon down and restart the computer.

Open it up again after restarting. If it asks for serial number, copy and paste it directly from your ParagonBox product purchase page. It should work now.
    Last edited by RedMeekz; 11.10.21 at 11:30.