Thread: Restoring Windows Partition (from within windows)

Restoring Windows Partition (from within windows)

Hi,

I used to use Paragon Backup & Recovery v14, one thing that I loved is that I could restore the c:\ partition from within, meaning I can do it without building a rescue disk, just selecting the archive containing the backup and C:\ as destiny (is this called hot tranfer?). Well since I found that the new v17 is out I just wanted to give it a try, I love the new UI and assistants but the I cannot find the way to do the same that I used to do with v14, meaning overwrite the active OS with an archive containing a healthy image of it without the necessity of create a rescue disk. Was this feature removed in v17 or I'm missing something?

Re: Restoring Windows Partition (from within windows)

Hello and welcome to the forums!
    Though you can perform Backup of C: partition while OS is still running, Restore of Partition is only possible when you reboot -- i.e. HDM is loaded instead of Windows, then performs Restore and reboots into this restored Windows.
    It seems that this is what was done, and it should be supported -- just attempt Restore and reboot when prompted by the app.