Thread: Backup destination change

Backup destination change

Hi, I am using Paragon Disk Manager 25 to backup my Windows 10 system to external drive

I initially setup the backup (full + 14 incremental) so that it backed up to a small drive (H:\)

This worked fine. However I now have the new external drive (F:\) which is much bigger and I would prefer to move all the backups to there.

I tried copying all the backups from old to the new and then pointing Paragon to backup to the new drive (F:\) but it complained that the "Operation Failed" because the "Directory was not empty"

I then tried reassigning drive letters so that F was H and H was F but the software was too clever for that! It knew that the change had been made and kept on looking for the files in the small drive.

How do I tell the Paragon software that I want all new backups AND all the old backups to be on the new bigger drive?

Thanks

EDIT: I tried creating a new backup ("My backup") and choosing the "Import backup" option. It seems promising (because it asks for the decryption password) and then I get a message saying that it "Failed to import the backup: Backup set data is not found or cannot be imported". (See screenshots)

https://imgur.com/Qy0TVEQ
    https://imgur.com/AdV3jGT
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by ytsh4; 31.05.21 at 03:25.

Re: Backup destination change

Hello and welcome to the forums!

You can try the following"
    Press "-" and Delete the backup from the list (keep the backup files), then ... - Import backup.
    You'll need to re-configure the scheduling though, but the backup files will be detected.