Thread: Can't mount NAS with recovery media

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: AW: Can't mount NAS with recovery media

I had the same problem, mounting a network shared folder on my Synology NAS from the recovery runtime failed. For me the problem was that the samba (SMB) configuration on the NAS disabled NTLMv1. Seems that the Paragon recovery media supports only this outdated version. Allowing NTLMv1 on Synology NAS resolves the problem:

On Synology-NAS Go to "Control Panel -> File Services -> SMB -> Advanced Settings -> TAB 'Others'" and enable NTLMv1 authentication.

Perhaps you must restart the NAS for activating the changes.

Then from Paragon's recovery environment I use the commandline:

net use s: \\YOUR-NAS\YOUR_SHARED_FOLDER

and enter User and Password as simple strings (e.g, 'admin' and password 'MY_SECRET_PASSWORD'). Then you should have access to your backups.

Re: AW: Can't mount NAS with recovery media

Quote Originally Posted by devrandom View Post
    I had the same problem, mounting a network shared folder on my Synology NAS from the recovery runtime failed. For me the problem was that the samba (SMB) configuration on the NAS disabled NTLMv1. Seems that the Paragon recovery media supports only this outdated version. Allowing NTLMv1 on Synology NAS resolves the problem:

On Synology-NAS Go to "Control Panel -> File Services -> SMB -> Advanced Settings -> TAB 'Others'" and enable NTLMv1 authentication.

Perhaps you must restart the NAS for activating the changes.

Then from Paragon's recovery environment I use the commandline:

net use s: \\YOUR-NAS\YOUR_SHARED_FOLDER

and enter User and Password as simple strings (e.g, 'admin' and password 'MY_SECRET_PASSWORD'). Then you should have access to your backups.
    The NTLMv1 suggestion worked for me, even though it is considered un-secure, I can enable the disable as I need it. thanks for the answer