I just got my beautiful new MacBook Air with the new M1 chip. It appears Paragon has not updated their software to be compatible with the new processor.

My WD Elements NTFS drive works fine on my older MacBook Pro, but comes up as "read-only" on the Air. Noodling with my security preferences and the NTFS for Mac app has not yielded any solution. The FAQ on Paragon's website is not helpful.

I did try using the Terminal, as per Paragon's troubleshooting page, to unload and reload the kext (aka 'Solution 4"). When I tried to unload the kext, this is the message I got:

Executing: /usr/bin/kmutil unload -p /Library/Extensions/ufsd_NTFS.kext
Error Domain=KMErrorDomain Code=3 "Error occurred unloading extensions: Missing extension with identifier com.paragon-software.filesystems.ntfs : Incompatible architecture: Binary is for x86_64, but needed arch arm64e" UserInfo={NSLocalizedDescription=Error occurred unloading extensions: Missing extension with identifier com.paragon-software.filesystems.ntfs : Incompatible architecture: Binary is for x86_64, but needed arch arm64e}

It looks to me as if NTFS for Mac is not going to work with the M1 processor in the newer Macs, at least not at this time.

I'd appreciate any feedback from Paragon or the community.