View Poll Results: Have you seen this problem with version 17?

Voters
0. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

0 0%
  • No

0 0%

Thread: Full plus incremental not working.

Full plus incremental not working.

I am running PHDM 17, version 17.20.0. I have configured a Disk/Partition backup to make a full backup followed by 6 incremental backups. Instead of the subsequent incremental backups, all I get are more full backups.

I saw on a post from last year that this was a recognized problem and would be fixed in a new release.(Not specified). My experience indicates that the problem has not been fixed, at least for my system. What version supposedly fixed the problem.

This problem creates a sticky storage capacity problem, since I run daily backups. Each full backup is about 500GB.

Angry Re: Full plus incremental not working.

Quote Originally Posted by Skeeter View Post
    I am running PHDM 17, version 17.20.0. I have configured a Disk/Partition backup to make a full backup followed by 6 incremental backups. Instead of the subsequent incremental backups, all I get are more full backups.

I saw on a post from last year that this was a recognized problem and would be fixed in a new release.(Not specified). My experience indicates that the problem has not been fixed, at least for my system. What version supposedly fixed the problem.

This problem creates a sticky storage capacity problem, since I run daily backups. Each full backup is about 500GB.
    I may have the same/similar problem.
    After updating to PHDM 17.20.0 on Jul 22 I have not been able to complete an Incremental Backup. Only the .pvhd and .pbe for each disk get written to the Destination Disk. The program then just sits there chewing up CPU, using very little Memory, and not writing any more to disk. My Full Backups are about 750GB and the Destination Disk only has about 500GB of free space, not enough for another Full Backup. The current Incremental is being run immediately after a Full Backup so I would expect the Increment to be quite small. I've allowed the incremental to run twice as long as a full backup, yet it has still not completed. I'm about to send logs etc to Paragon. Backup Splitting is set to 8GB and Compression is Normal.

Angry Re: Full plus incremental not working.

Quote Originally Posted by njinau View Post
    I may have the same/similar problem.
    After updating to PHDM 17.20.0 on Jul 22 I have not been able to complete an Incremental Backup. Only the .pvhd and .pbe for each disk get written to the Destination Disk. The program then just sits there chewing up CPU, using very little Memory, and not writing any more to disk. My Full Backups are about 750GB and the Destination Disk only has about 500GB of free space, not enough for another Full Backup. The current Incremental is being run immediately after a Full Backup so I would expect the Increment to be quite small. I've allowed the incremental to run twice as long as a full backup, yet it has still not completed. I'm about to send logs etc to Paragon. Backup Splitting is set to 8GB and Compression is Normal.
    I have the same problem using Paragon vs 17. I specfy Differential Backup, and the program claims to be doing Differential Backup, but it backs up the entire computer (500GB) every time. There doesn't appear to be a fix. Should we be using a backup program from a different vendor?