Paragon claims its NTFS for Mac is fully compatible by the new M1 Macbook. However, I found the install experience to be pretty horrible. Admittedly some of it is due to Big Sur's stringent security measures. The install wizard however didn't really warn me about what I had to do. After installing NTFS for Mac I had to allow the NTFS for Mac kernel extension in the Settings app. Then I had to restart. My Macbook then restarted three(!) times, the third time it went into MacOS Recovery where I had to select my drive and enter my password, and then it again rebooted. Then after logging in to my Mac I had to again allow some NTFS for Mac component in the Security & Privacy settings screen. Also I got some Paragon-related warning message that I unfortunately forgot to screenshot.

Maybe this is normal behaviour, but then at least warn the user about it. Yesterday I installed Rogue Amoeba's Audio Hijack app that also comes with a kernel component. Their installer made everything very clear. And I don't think it rebooted three times.