Thread: What Have I Misunderstood?

Question What Have I Misunderstood?

Running V17.9.3 (Windows 10), I backed up just under 1TB of folders (data only) from my PC to a 2 TB external (USB) HD. Backup was successful so far as I could tell, and I managed to test-restore a backed up file to a separate location on my PC, to prove the system.

So far so good, but a day or so later I noticed that another full backup was in progress. No surprise when it failed due to insufficient space. When I tried to roll back this second, unwanted backup, I obviously did something wrong because the disk was now completely empty!

What I want to do is (or so I thought) straightforward:

1. Back up the folders whose contents I want to safeguard - I accept this will take a long time
    2. Set up a schedule which means Paragon will back up any changes I have made inside those folders - either edited existing documents or created new ones. I assume (perhaps wrongly) that Paragon will launch whenever I boot the PC and run continuously in the background to achieve this, and that it will not carry out further full backups.

Clearly, I have not made the correct settings for Step 2. Can somebody explain if what I want to do is even possible; and if it is how I should make it happen? As you can probably tell, I am out of my depth here! so simple pointers would be welcome.

Re: What Have I Misunderstood?

What you are noticing regarding a 2nd full backup, rather than a subsequent incremental one, is a serious bug in the software. But, good news. I just received a note from support that a new software build is expected to be released this week (week of January 26, 2020).
    Last edited by skye352; 26.01.21 at 19:15.

There is a new version out: 17.18.4.5674
    For me, it resolved the problem of settings not persisting/"not sticking". One user, however, couldn't get it to install without a "fatal flaw" error.
    I can access the new version on the new ParagonBox sign-in. If you can't find it there, maybe poke around in the old MyParagon sign-in.

Does anyone know what version is supposed to fix the problem? I am running 17.20.0 and I still have the same problem, subsequent incrementals to the full back up are not made, just another full backup.