Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: what is latest version?

what is latest version?

whta is latest version, for download?
    i'm confused, sorry
    thanks

Re: what is latest version?

Hi aoz987 and happy new year!
    Latest version of what? If HDM then 17. In my paragon account HDM17Adv have build 17.13.1.000
    (Of course, there are several versions newer, someone from the sonderkommando has long mentioned build 17.14. But I suspect soon 18 will appear)

hello, and thanks for reply ! AND, hapy new year to you ! I've lost track of forum and some other things during COVID (I got a 3d printer , diverted my mind !!).
    i don't do as many image backups, not as many computer changes in past year or so.
    but i was checking online, to make sure i had the latest version, but got brain fog.

QUESTION, and you can PM me; Is paragon still one of the best (or the best) program out there? I was looking at the forums, and not as many questions, posts, etc, and that may be becuaase the whole market is maturing, can't really add much new changes; or it is that people are dropping their use of product.
    I still believe it is the best, i was a long time user of paid "A" prgram, and it got bloated, never tried "M", but have read reviews, and this paragon interface, while somewhat quirky, gets the job done.
    anyway, any feedbck is appreciated and have a great day !
    nick

Nick, my soul is filled with despair. I also love Paragon for a long time. But when I sober up, I will speak out publicly, in this forum.

Greetings,
    I'm running 17.18.0.5549 and it doesn't work.
    I talk about it in the thread about settings not sticking, on this forum.
    Mr. Joey

where did you get tht version, i belieev when i logged on there was only the 17.13 ?

I got my current version directly from Paragon. I noticed that I have two options from the main Paragon site to login to my account. One is for purchases before a certain date, and one is for purchases after a certain date. As a long-time user, I was constantly logging into the "old" account. One day I tried logging into the "new" account, and my HDM 17 was listed there. Hit the download button and the version that downloaded was 17.18.0.5549 (this is what windows file explorer tells me in the file properties dialog). I was excited, getting the latest and greatest... Until I installed it and it doesn't work.
    None of the "Backup Strategy" options stick.
    Cheers!

Hi, I confirm what Mr Joey is sayaing about the stick problem for "Backup strategy". HDM 17 is my first purchase of a Paragon product and due to the lack of support I given up. Just to let you know, the support does not responding. Thanks to Cleverbridge I should get a refund of my purchase. So bad experience for me. A pity while the product sound interesting...

As I reported in another forum ("no-stick"): I received a message from support: "I sincerely apologize for the issue. A new software build is expected to be released this week." (week of January 25, 2021) I'm new to this issue, but for those who have been concerned for months, this has to be a relief. I too have been a long-time user of Paragon software, and happily so in the past, and I really would like to continue to support them in the future.

And also:
    For what it's worth, "Paragon Backup & Recovery 17 CE (Community Edition)" does not seem to have the same "no stick" issue. The interface looks almost identical to HDM17 Advanced, but with less functionality, of course. Also, during backup with BR17 CE, the progress notes do not appear, but that seems like a minor matter! While we are waiting, perhaps BR17 CE is a way to go, especially since it's free.

Mr. Joey thanks for the hint.
    This Paragonbox previously had only ParagonCloud app.