Thread: HDM - Creating Emergency Boot USB

HDM - Creating Emergency Boot USB

While I applaud the developers prompting me to create an emergency boot usb drive, the walk-through leaves much to be desired.

When prompting me to download the ADK, it fails to mention that the Windows PE component is also required. When the initial ADK is downloaded and installed, the next step to point to the ADK fails with nothing other than a "bad path" error. I had to search the web to discover that the PE component was also required.

It would have been nice to have this spelled out in the procedure. Is there something about licensing that prevents the developers from having the app reach out for the proper components and do the installations automatically?

I managed to get the installations done, created the boot USB drive (although I haven't yet tested it), and the subsequent backup job was created and run.

There were a couple of app freezes that required a three-finger salute to get beyond. I restarted my laptop just for grins and everything is working properly.

Re: HDM - Creating Emergency Boot USB

I had questions about the walk through & asked for someone to contact me to discuss. Waited and waited and waited and then received an e-mail with some quotes from that walk-through & no contact info with whom I could follow up. It's more than the walk-through that leaves much to be desired.