Thread: Which destination to select to restore entire drive?

Which destination to select to restore entire drive?

Why is this so hard? This should require no thinking at all, which from the videos of version 16, that's what it looked like. Now with version 17 I have 5 different volumes to select from and only 2 volume destinations. Here is what it looks like. the D: is a separate backup drive. The C: volume and the other Local Disk NFTS volume are the only possible destinations I have. I have reinstalled Windows 10 on the same computer that this backup was made on. I had to install a new m.2 drive after a devil killed my last one. Can anyone help with this?

6HD1Ohl.jpg

Re: Which destination to select to restore entire drive?

Well, I thought I was figuring it out, but of course not. Why would it be easy? That would be stupid if it made sense and was easy. I selected the C: for the recovery volume. Then a new destination volume appeared i.e. NO NAME. So I selected that for the NO NAME backup volume destination. Then no matter what destinations I select on the remaining 3 volumes, when I get to the 5th volume, the Local Disk one, the only destination left is the D: backup drive.I0vZRux.jpg

Why is this so hard to figure out? Even the manual doesn't explain how to restore from file. It's unbelievable. This program has two basic functions, backup and restore and there are no clear instructions on how to actually use restore. It seems impossible.

I just created the USB media and tried to restore from that and it's the same interface. Am I dreaming this? Why is this so hard to figure out?

I finally figured it out. Holy crap. I'm happy.

Quote Originally Posted by 22878 View Post
    I finally figured it out. Holy crap. I'm happy.
    I'm having the exact same problem right now, do you mind explaining how you got it to work? I'm trying to restore my computer after a clean install of windows and my partitions on the pc don't add up to the partitions on the backup so I'm having trouble when it asks me what destinations I want to restore.

Quote Originally Posted by 22878 View Post
    I just created the USB media and tried to restore from that and it's the same interface. Am I dreaming this? Why is this so hard to figure out?
    This is a great forum, you answer your own questions