Thread: How to recover files using Pargon HD Manager

How to recover files using Pargon HD Manager

Hello,

I’m hoping someone here will be able to help.

First of all I’m unsure which Forum I should post my question so please forgive me, I’m new.

I have a Seagate Central 4TB drive that I have been using to store documents, mostly pictures of my family, and it has failed. It appears to be the network card because it is not showing up on my LAN.

I have downloaded Paragon HD manager to my Mac and attached the bare 4TB drive via a USB cradle.

I can see the drive and all its partitions etc but have no idea how to access my data and store it on another drive. The Mac does not recognise the drive natively because of the Ext4 configuration so I am unable to copy any files that way.

Is it possible to use Paragon HD manager to recover my files to a standard MacOS disk?

I would really appreciate any help on this, my boys are 7 and 5 and I do not want to lose those valuable years of their photographs.

Many thanks.

I’ll attache a screen grab of the Paragon HD screen.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Re: How to recover files using Pargon HD Manager

Hello and welcome to the forums!
    This tool should help: https://www.paragon-software.com/home/extfs-mac/
    It's a file system driver with ExtFS support.

Re: How to recover files using Pargon HD Manager

Many thanks for your reply Max.

I’ve tried extfs without success. I have managed ti see a 4TB drive but have only been able to ‘see’ 2TB of it, despite trying all sorts of upticks.

Sadly, I’m beginning to suspect the drive is damaged.

Do you know of a company who might be able to recover my data by any chance?