Thread: Restore data to a partition that contains windows files

Question Restore data to a partition that contains windows files

This issue just started today and I'm racking my brain trying to figure out what changed all of a sudden.

I have stack of identical laptops that I purchased for my job. I built the original image up and backed it up to an external drive. When I move onto the next laptop to re-image I select restore from file, drill down to the image file is the image browser, select my image and the process begins, not a hic-cup one.

Now today all of a sudden instead of just going straight into the restore process, when I click restore it wants me to now choose where to replace each partition. For the C drive, when it is pointed to itself to restore I get the message that" You are about to restore data to a partition that contains windows system files, which may cause boot problems".

It then goes on to say I should use a recovery media instead. So between today and yesterday, what changed?

All laptops are Dell Latitude 5401's with windows 10 pro 64bit, and Paragon is v 17 CE (free)

I really need to correct what's causing this because this is my primary imaging solution and I'm literally rolling out 4 new branch offices in the span of about a month which is going to be impossible if I have to load each machine manually.

AW: Restore data to a partition that contains windows files

Your kidding, aren't you?

Forum-BR17CE.jpg
    /* Dies ist ein Service Ihres freundlichen Paragon-Support-Teams ;-) / This is a service of your friendly Paragon support team ;-) */