Thread: Will there be beta NTFS for Mac (Big Sur)

Will there be beta NTFS for Mac (Big Sur)

Will there be a beta NTFS for the latest beta macOS? Please let me know how to join or download it

Exclamation Re: Will there be beta NTFS for Mac (Big Sur)

Quote Originally Posted by KingRichard View Post
    Will there be a beta NTFS for the latest beta macOS? Please let me know how to join or download it
    I have the same issue! I upgraded to Big Sur and now I get an error message that says the OS is not recognized....

Re: Will there be beta NTFS for Mac (Big Sur)

Installing from scratch won't work, however a previously installed copy continues to work.
    I first had issues due to other third party kext's being not compatible with Big Sur, and thus preventing proper updating of kext caches.
    Removing these other third party kext's resulted in the cache being rebuilt, resulting in the relevant security prompts, which required enabling the kexts in the relevant panel in System Preferences, after the required reboot NTFS and EXT file system extensions worked again.

My NTFS drive is mounting on the Big Sur public beta, but it's only able to do so in read-only mode. Trying to mount with write permissions enabled gives an error in the current version of NTFS for Mac. Is there an official statement on the status of a Big Sur compatibility update? Is there a public beta available (or otherwise through a signup) for the upcoming version that adds compatibility?

Is there any progress? I'm still waiting for update.

Quote Originally Posted by MEPunisher View Post
    Is there any progress? I'm still waiting for update.
    I did some poking around and found that https://www.paragon-software.com/hom.../#big_sur_beta has been updated to offer a Big Sur Preview download. Seems they just haven't checked this forum topic to notify us of such a thing having been made available.

From https://www.paragon-software.com/home/ntfs-mac/:
    Have you joined the macOS beta program and downloaded macOS 11.0 Big Sur Beta? Keep using Microsoft NTFS for Mac by Paragon Software – download our product’s Preview version for macOS Big Sur Beta!

You’ll get the full functionality for FREE until macOS 11.0 Big Sur is released (approx. 01.10.2020)

Download Now

Looks like https://www.paragon-software.com/home/ntfs-mac/ has been updated to show the current full version has Big Sur compatibility without needing to use the preview.

Hello. Installed the purchased version of Paragon NTFS Mac for big Sur but it doesn't work. Version 15.6.17. Who has the same problem? Support not responding

Quote Originally Posted by narik22 View Post
    Hello. Installed the purchased version of Paragon NTFS Mac for big Sur but it doesn't work. Version 15.6.17. Who has the same problem? Support not responding
    The same here, support does not respond. I had to move to "Tuxera", which is brilliant and working fine under Sur.

I've installed Paragon NTFS version 15.6.17 on Big Sur. It works (sort of), but the results for reading/writing to NTFS volumes are inconsistent. Sometimes things work and sometimes they don't. That was not the case in previous combinations of Paragon NTFS and Mac OS. In addition, Paragon NTFS is showing the wrong Mac OS version for Big Sur; showing Mac OS as being 10.16 when it should be showing 11.0.1.