Thread: Error when attempting to backup

Unhappy Error when attempting to backup

I have been using Paragon Hard Disk Manager 17 Advanced for a couple of months now on 3 machines (the software was purchased in February 2020). On 2 of them everything continues to go well but one of them keeps giving me an error when I try to back up a RAID volume (3 striped hard drives in the volume). It had done it successfully twice before but now I get the following error soon after the backup starts:

Description
    Scheduled backup failed
    Reason
    NT specific error (0xC000009C):
    STATUS_DEVICE_DATA_ERROR
    Error source:
    Error code: 0xc000009c

Does anybody have a clue as to what is causing this and how it can be fixed. The RAID volume appears to be working well with no errors when I try to save or copy data to or from it.
    Thanks in advance!

AW: Error when attempting to backup

"NT specific errors" are Windows errors which are passed through our software. So retrieving for the error code 0xC000009C and the phrase STATUS_DEVICE_DATA_ERROR with your favorite search engine will give you an idea about possible reasons. Maybe you want to add "RAID" to the search to narrow down the results.

Of course you could create a support request: "How to write support requests". Probably our support agents can find a reason from the Windows and HDM logs.
    /* Dies ist ein Service Ihres freundlichen Paragon-Support-Teams ;-) / This is a service of your friendly Paragon support team ;-) */