Thread: HDM17 and ugly folders naming scheme

HDM17 and ugly folders naming scheme

Hello there, I'm trying to setup my system retention job. The process is simple and intuitive, but there's one thing I'm disliking, though I can give own name to the backup task in HD manager, the task launcher places the backups to generic named folders tructure, for example \Job-201912250307012\Job-201912250307012_2020-02-21_01-21-13\, which is especially confusing when backing up more systems on the same drive. With HDM 15 and earlier, I was able to control how the root folder is named, but HDM seems not project the task name to folder structure. I'd be thankful for a suggestinn how to customize this (when importing an older backup with root folder named by myself, HDM was able to continue with the same folder naming scheme).

Another thing I'm missing since HDM15 where I was able to fully configure my task via PSL, I'm not able to selectively exclude files by full path mask, eg. C:\Users\Aloha\Videos\*.mp4, C:\pagefile.sys or C:\swapfile.sys.
    Last edited by Aloha; 24.02.20 at 14:30.

Re: HDM17 and ugly folders naming scheme

I can't imagine a beautiful folder name but anyway: You could create a folder with Windows Explorer or howsoever with the names of the different PCs to backup and select those as base for the automatically created structure. That sounds to be your main problem, to distinguish the backups of different machines.

"Auxiliary files appear in backup regardless settings" may answer the other question.