Thread: Error 0x1116f Paragon backup and recovery 17 CE

Error 0x1116f Paragon backup and recovery 17 CE

Hi, I've been trying to do a system backup of a fresh computer but near towards the end of the backup I get the error that it terminated expectantly with the error code 0x1116f I've done a chkdsk /f on both the backup drive which is an external USB drive and the system drive and no errors were found, I'm using the latest version of Windows 10 home version 1909.

Any help would be much appreciated
    Screenshot below
    Screenshot (1).jpg

Many thanks

Re: Error 0x1116f Paragon backup and recovery 17 CE

It’s okay I’ve figured it out, there was ownership and file permissions for a non existing user account on some of the files that were being backed up, I had to take ownership and full control over the folders and then take a backup,plus some of the file names were too long to be copied with those files removed it worked okay, thanks anyway problem solved
    17272FAE-0DD2-4F1C-8534-E2CEE459B096.jpeg
    Last edited by mlowe4; 20.02.20 at 22:14.

Is there any chance I can ask how you did that? I just got the program and have been trying to backup, and I've run into the same issue. But I have no idea how to take ownership and full control over the folders.

I'm having the same issue for one drive; no issues backing up other drives. Appreciate info on how to take ownership/full control over folders.

Hi All,

just tested the last version of Paragon backup and recovery 17 CE - the same problem here!

It is very disappointing!

Additionally the backup time is really very long (3 hours!) in compare to my old good Norton Ghost 15 - only 40 minutes with high compression and with the same hardware and OS!

I would like to give a try to paid version of Paragon, but something is wrong with the current status of the Paragon software.

I would stay with Norton Ghost 15, but NG cannot properly restore to SSD. Paragon can restore to SSD, but it is too buggy in some situations.

Are there in the world any good modern alternatives to Norton Ghost 15?

Paragon could be the one, but I did many test backups and restores with the CE version last days and do not have a good feeling.

Try out Macrium Reflect https://www.macrium.com/reflectfree