Thread: Paragon HFS+ Not Mounting OWC ThunderBay 2 Drive

Unhappy Paragon HFS+ Not Mounting OWC ThunderBay 2 Drive

Hello,

I have a Thunderbolt 3 PC, and downloaded the Paragon HFS+ trial, so that I could move data from an 8TB OWC Thunderbolt 2 ThunderBay drive (HFS+) over to a OWC Thunderbolt 3 ThunderBay drive (NTFS). I have connected a Thunderbolt 2 to Thunderbolt 3 adapter to the cabling to plug into the Thunderbolt 3 port on the back of the PC. The Paragon software recognizes the drive, only by volume (and not by the actual name that I gave it), and when I click "Mount", it allows me to choose a drive letter, but then never mounts. Any solutions would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers,
    Cratin

Re: Paragon HFS+ Not Mounting OWC ThunderBay 2 Drive

Hi,

I'm having a similar problem. Did you manage to mount it?

I also have a Thunderbolt 3 PC (ASRock X570 Phantom Gaming-ITX/TB3 motherboard). I have a licensed HFS+ software and I've used it successfully many times before with other drives. I have also used other thunderbolt 3 drives before with my PC.

Now, I'm trying to use an OWC Thunderbay 4 to transfer data. I'm using the regular thunderbolt 3 to thunderbolt 3 cable and the same happens: The Paragon software recognizes the drive, and when I click "Mount", it allows me to choose a drive letter, but then never mounts.

Thanks in advance to anyone that can shed some light on this problem,
    Natalia
    Capture - p7nati7r - Paragon.JPG

Re: Paragon HFS+ Not Mounting OWC ThunderBay 2 Drive

Hi,

By any chance did any of you got a solution to this problem or found a way to mount the drive?

Thanks,