Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can't import existing backup

Can't import existing backup

Backup made with Hard Disk Manager 17. Trying to import backup into same program (on a second computer).

Get this error:

Failed to import the backup: backup set path already exists in the database. Backup job cannot intersect with other backup jobs.

Thanks.

Re: Can't import existing backup

Quote Originally Posted by boowho View Post
    Backup made with Hard Disk Manager 17. Trying to import backup into same program (on a second computer).

Get this error:

Failed to import the backup: backup set path already exists in the database. Backup job cannot intersect with other backup jobs.

Thanks.
    Please ignore this post. Brain fart on my end. Working fine now.

I am having the same problem, but I cannot understand any of the help files in English. It would be much more useful if screenshots were provided of what we are expected to see instead of a narrative description.

As it is I cannot restore any files from a backup I made. I am missing a crucial file that I need to restore. When I attempt to 'explore and export files' under the window 'Restore operations' I get this error message:

I am not a computer expert, but I would hope to be able to restore the file/s that I am missing from the advice/help provided by this software. It is most confusing.

Can anyone help me out here please?

I have the 'Paragon Backup & Recovery 17CE' package.

Try deleting backups by pressing "-" above the list. When prompted, Delete backup job entry only. Then re-add the backup (fodler with .PFI) by pressing ... - Import backup

Angry Re: Can't import existing backup

It's not solved. There is no option to import old backups. If you want to restore 1 file from an old backup you have to start the recovery environment which (I am sorry) makes this program useless to me. I've bought several versions and upgrades but will now look for an alternative.

@ Jagutherrschaften

Which precise version of HDM 17 do you use?

Thumbs up Re: Can't import existing backup

Hey there, I updated and am using version 17.13.1. I found the option now.
    Either it wasn't there before or I was too dumb to find it. Now the program is really usable for me again .
    Last edited by Jagutherrschaften; 04.06.20 at 10:32.

AW: Can't import existing backup

Judging from your name "Jagutherrschaften" I assume you will be able to read the following:

Da im Handbuch auf die neuen Backup-Konzepte leider nur unzureichend eingegangen wird, haben wir die folgenden Artikel in unsere Wissensdatenbank gestellt: "Festplatten Manager 17 - Grundlegendes zur Backup-Logik" und spezieller "Festplatten Manager 17 – Archiv-Import in WinPE-Umgebung schlägt fehl".
    /* Dies ist ein Service Ihres freundlichen Paragon-Support-Teams ;-) / This is a service of your friendly Paragon support team ;-) */

Thank you, yes I am from Germany.

I actually read the manual before posting and found this:

You can add an existing backup job and all restore points produced by that job to the "My Backups" list and this way make them available in the program interface.
    This function is available on the WinPE recovery media only, helping you to quickly start a backup or restore operation.

That's why I posted my complaint.

AW: Can't import existing backup

It has been that way in early versions like 17.4.0. In 17.13.1 it's definitely fixed.
    /* Dies ist ein Service Ihres freundlichen Paragon-Support-Teams ;-) / This is a service of your friendly Paragon support team ;-) */