Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: First impressions

Re: First impressions

Bad "First impressions" obviously. But why stick to software that does not meet your prerequisites?

I must admit I'm quite genuinely thinking I might ask for a refund.... For backup / restore / disk management etc I've relied on Paragon products for as far back as I can remember - but this is the first time I've bought a Paragon product and felt like things have actually gone backwards, rather than forwards.

I also think that it is a bad move to remove the possibility to add comments.
    In previous versions, I used to add comments to each (manual) incremental backup. A very useful feature.
    It has gone now that I actually bought a copy of HDM 17. Disappointing.
    Now I have to meticulously maintain a list with all file names and add my comments there.
    I can not understand why one of the more important features (well, at least for me), has been taken away. Would it be a big deal to restore this in the next version? Is there a place where I can add feature requests?
    Other than that I think the program offers all that I expected.

Sadly, I did have to ask for a refund in the end (and to be fair to Paragon, they issued it straight away - no arguments or quibbling etc).

Is there somewhere (on this forum maybe) where users can request new features, or the re-instatement of older ones? I'd have no hesitation in coming back to Paragon HDM if some of these isseus could be resolved.

I'm just wondering if it'd be worth giving Hard Disk Manager another try - or is it still full of problems? These were the most annoying ones:-

1) Only the top half of text was showing (in Windows 10)
    2) No ability to give archives a meaningful name (or at least to add a human readable comment)
    3) Newly created archives regularly showed up as corrupted when I asked HDM to check them
    4) I could only find options to restore an entire volume. And although I could select individual files for export, it didn't export the folder info (i.e. all exported files would end up in the same target folder)

Before I shell out more money, can anyone confirm if the above items are fixed yet..?

Especially item 3 - and even more especially, item 4 !! I was amazed to find that if I backed up an entire drive volume, there was no way to restore just a small section of it (i.e. without losing the original folder structure...)

Should I assume those items aren't fixed yet? (or can't be fixed maybe?)

There doesn't seem to be much activity here these days. Has support moved somewhere else??

that is what i'm trying to figure out. i've used paragon for over 10 years. but it seems like interest in it, especially in forum, has markedly waned. i had considered switching, due to some of the issues you've mentioned, BUT i can't find anything else that doesn't have its own set of glitches, AND i do not want to take 6 months of a learning curve (it takes that, to learn the backups, experiment with restores, etc, to make sure it is reliable for myself)
    anyway, staying with paragon right not....

Back in the day, Paragon products were some of the best software you could buy (in fact for archiving & disk management they were probably THE best).

But these days they're full of annoying, niggly problems which never seem to get fixed. The fact that you can't even give backups a meaningful name (or comment) is ludicrous - and an unbelievable oversight!

I'm sad to say this - but it has all the hallmarks of a company that's been bought (or taken over somehow) by someone who doesn't quite know what they're doing