Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: First impressions

First impressions

I just bought Paragon Hard Disk Manager today. The first thing I noticed is that it only lets me see the upper half of any text (see the attached image)

Capture9.JPG

and the second thing is that whilst it was happy to let me back up my hard drive, it assigned a meaningless name (i.e. Job-202001021211662). Is there some way I can give my backups meaningful names??

AW: First impressions

"HDM 17 - Scaling set to 125 %"

Could a name be more meaningful than a precise timestamp? Or - okok - at least more unique? The only point you have to handle this name is on importing an archive. Archives inside the software have the name you gave them.
    /* Dies ist ein Service Ihres freundlichen Paragon-Support-Teams ;-) / This is a service of your friendly Paragon support team ;-) */

Re: AW: First impressions

Quote Originally Posted by rtfm View Post
    Could a name be more meaningful than a precise timestamp?
    I'd prefer something like "just-before-installing-<whatever>". Prior to buying Hard Disk Manager I'd been using an older product called Paragon Drive Backup. In the old one you could change the archive's name and even add a comment.

Archives inside the software have the name you gave them.
    I must have missed that... where would I have seen the naming option

AW: First impressions

Just select all and write or click on the pencil ...

BackupNames.jpg
    /* Dies ist ein Service Ihres freundlichen Paragon-Support-Teams ;-) / This is a service of your friendly Paragon support team ;-) */

Re: First impressions

Thanks... A bit more confusion

As an exercise, I backed up an entire disk drive and then deleted one of the files so I could restore it. But regardless of whether I select Restore volumes or Explore and export files I see this error dialog. What am I doing wrong???

Capture11.JPG

You may want to read page 34 ff. of the manual?

The two options you tried do retrieve the archives from the file system which is usually not necessary.

Thanks banshee - that seems to work fine if I choose the Explore option (and then choose the original destination) but the Restore option gives me a new error dialog:-

Capture12.JPG

Re: AW: First impressions

Let's say I've got 4 x jobs set up. How does the s/ware decide which order to display them? It doesn't seem to be "most recent at the top". And it doesn't seem to be "oldest at the top". And they don't seem to be in alphabetical order either. Is there a way I can choose (or adjust) the order?

Looks like you should write your own program by yourself?!?

I'm just astonished that so many obvious requirements are simply not present - especially the ones that used to be present 10 years ago!!

In the original Paragon product I could give archives a meaningful name and I could even add a comment as a further reminder. But now (from what I can tell) I can name an overall job but I can't name its individual archives or even give them a comment any more.

And it's unbelievable that I can't read stuff because half the font is missing...