Thread: Failed to open specified Plugin! Error in trying to Mount Image in MDM 15

Failed to open specified Plugin! Error in trying to Mount Image in MDM 15

I have been using for several years HDM 15 for all my backup and recoveries. Recently I was offered on a Giveaway siteParagon Hard Disk Manager 25 Anniversary LE which I downloaded and installed. From what I can tell, it seems to be a lite version of HDM 17. To install HDM 25 I had to remove the Universal Image Mounter for HDM 15 from Device Manager. I now understand that HDM 17 will not mount or restore image files created with earlier versions so I tried to mount an old image using HDM 15 as I always did. However I got the error message: Failed to open specified Plugin! How do I fix this problem. Note I checked and no longer have the installation file for HDM 15 available.

Re: Failed to open specified Plugin! Error in trying to Mount Image in MDM 15

This question is no longer relevant. After getting no responses, I gave up, tried to restore an earlier image and ended up erasing my hard drive. So I'm starting out with a clean system now.