Thread: Demo version ?

Demo version ?

I'd like to try Paragon's Backup & Restore s/ware and also the Drive Manager s/ware (with a view to purchasing one or the other). Does Paragon offer demo versions (e.g a time-limited version)?

Also... does the advertised price cover an outright purchase or is it a price that I'd be expected to pay annually?

Re: Demo version ?

We do not have our software split up in specialized versions like it has been up to version 15 or separately unlockable modules like in 16 anymore. We just sell the Hard Disk Manager which coveres all abilities in one piece of software. The most recent Hard Disk Manager is always available on the product page https://www.paragon-software.com/home/hdm-windows/#. At the moment the latest version is Hard Disk Manager 17 Advanced, build number 17.4.0.

We don't have demo versions but several free versions and a "30 day money back warranty" for the HDM if you buy it in our Online Shop.

You buy a main version like "HDM 17" which is provided with several service packs containing bugfixes and adoptions to new technologies if necessary during his lifetime. After usually a couple of years our product managers create a new main version with new features, probably a new layout and so on. This version is sold to owners of the previous main version with 50 % discount. Older versions will not stop working of course but are not maintained anymore or adopted to new Windows versions for example. The most recent and the previous version are supported via customer account or e-mail.

Means: If you bought HDM 12 years ago and run it on your Win 7 you'll still be fine with it. If you keep up with Microsoft's version policy you have to run at least HDM 15 SP5 on a recent Win 10 but you'll shiver with every cumulative update of Windows. A HDM 17 will keep pace with potential changes of Windows.
    Your Paragon Support Team

That's great and many thanks. Currently I'm using an old Paragon product called Drive Backup, which I probably bought in the early days of Windows 7!! It's a pretty good product (although I only use it for Backup & Restore these days - I don't use any of its disk partitioning stuff). I've recently bought a new computer and it uses the GUID partitioning scheme, rather than MBR. So I figured it's time I upgraded my Paragon s/ware!!

BTW - your 30 day warranty states that I'd need to pay using something called Cleverbridge (which I've never heard of). What is it exactly??

Sorry... I just read a bit further and realised that the warranty also applies when purchased directly from Paragon.

Can I just ask if this is an actual product that'll get mailed to me - or downloadable software (or both) ?

Quote Originally Posted by English Paragon Support Team View Post
    for the HDM if you buy it in our Online Shop.

[...]

This version is sold to owners of the previous main version with 50 % discount.
    Hi there - I just found some old emails with the 50% offer but they've all expired now. Is there a way I can still obtain the discount? - e.g. by contacting Sales or Customer Support? My previous product was Paragon Drive Backup.

AW: Demo version ?

A public and by the way user-2-user forum is not the perfect place to discuss sales and customer account questions. Please refer to our knowledgebase entry "How to write support requests".
    /* Dies ist ein Service Ihres freundlichen Paragon-Support-Teams ;-) / This is a service of your friendly Paragon support team ;-) */