Thread: MIgration of backup tasks from 16 to 17

MIgration of backup tasks from 16 to 17

Please excuse me if I am being stupid, but how to I import the backup tasks I have setup in Hard Disk Manager 16 to Hard Disk Manager 17.

Re: MIgration of backup tasks from 16 to 17

You do not import the tasks from one version to another.

1. If you create a backup job it is entered into a small SQLite database and into the Windows Task Scheduler. The job database is located in C:\ProgramData in a path belonging to a main version of HDM. That means: Two different pathes for job databases of HDM 16 and 17. In the Windows Task Scheduler the job is entered in "Actions" with the full path of the respective executable. That means: Two different pathes for executables of HDM 16 and 17.

2. I've tried to move the job database of HDM 16 to HDM 17. You see the job in HDM 17 but if you trigger a backup you get an error message referring to the job DB.

So maybe after lots of changes you get it running - I didn't try further. I've created new jobs in HDM 17.

In the Windows based software there is no option to import any backup while in the WinPE based you can import .pfi files which is the index of an archive. I had a support request regarding to that issue and got the answer that an upcoming service pack will fix it. Probably with that import function it will be possible to move jobs from HDM 16 to 17? We'll see.