Thread: Restore advice

Restore advice

My SSD failed and I had to reinstall windows onto it.
    I also have a separate hard drive.
    I have a Paragon backup of the full system, both drives, saved under a folder called Job-2019.....
    Can anyone point to an article on how to use this Job-2019.... folder to restore my SSD as it was when my backup was made?
    I did not create anything other than the full backup in this Job folder.
    I am not sure what version my backup was made with, but am now running v17, but see no way to point it at my backup in order to restore it.
    I only have the Free / Preveiw version of Paragon Backup & Restore
    Thanks
    John

Re: Restore advice

Quote Originally Posted by johnnypoll View Post
    I am not sure what version my backup was made with, but am now running v17, but see no way to point it at my backup in order to restore it.
    I only have the Free / Preveiw version of Paragon Backup & Restore
    I will not advise you to create WinPE recovery media, let Paragon employees do it. In BR17Preview there is an undocumented feature, an advlauncher.exe file in the installation folder. If you instead of the normal start of BR17 launch an advlauncher then it will be possible to select any backup.

AW: Restore advice

I will not advise you to create WinPE recovery media, let Paragon employees do it.
    Why should we? We're shipping our products with manuals. Even "the Free / Preveiw version"s.
    /* Dies ist ein Service Ihres freundlichen Paragon-Support-Teams ;-) / This is a service of your friendly Paragon support team ;-) */

Re: AW: Restore advice

I'm guessing the preview versions have everything one needs to do this themselves?