Thread: Backing up NVMe SSD with B&M socket

Question Backing up NVMe SSD with B&M socket

Hello everyone,

I am trying to clone 3 NVMe SSDs, through this adapter:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/3-in-1-Msat...53.m2749.l2649

But seems like my computer doesnt even detect the hardware in management list of hardware, with one NVMe SSD connected.

There are 3 leds, but no description for debug using those:

http://prntscr.com/p9uowl

I have this card adapter connected to a fully functional PCIe 16x. I am using a Windows 10 fully updated.

This adapter card seems to be working, I was able to detect it in linux, but didnt tried to install it.

Any of you have ever used such adapter card, in order to help me using it? or have a better solution?

Note: there is no manual or drivers given by the seller of this hardware, and I am unable to run Recovery Media Buil through UEFI, it hangs with both Windows and Linux Builds in this computer.

Thanks in advance!

Re: Backing up NVMe SSD with B&M socket

Most likely this kind of adapter needs drivers to work in Windows. The Paragon programs need a device successfully connected in Windows to work with.

The adapter is obviously connected to PCI as one single NVMe disk would be. There must be firmware on the adapter to tell the OS that there are 3 disk devices available and how they are configured, and to manage the I/O traffic etc.. The OS needs something to talk to this firmware.

Just a guess.

Re: Backing up NVMe SSD with B&M socket

Sorry for misunderstand you, I just want to clone one by one, those 3 SSDs.

I have spoken with the seller, and he said to me that the adapter must be broken, so they will send me another.

I was especting that someone had already used this adapter, because of all the features that came with.