Thread: Unable to move or resize partitions!

Unable to move or resize partitions!

I'm on HD Manager 14 Suite, same on my desktop and laptop. But on laptop, I have a volume with lots of empty space in front of it, yet move/resize is not available on the right-click menu. Previously, I had a volume in that space but couldn't resize that one either. On the desktop it works fine. Both have GPT Hard Disk.

Capture.jpg

Re: Unable to move or resize partitions!

When trying to run Redistribute Free Space Wizard, I get a message "The Wizard did not find any volumes that can be expanded" which is B.S.
    All it gives me is "Basic GPT Hard Disk 0 (Intel Optane+238GBSSD) Cannot move or resize volumes on this disk.

Administrator

HDM 14 is rather old and notatall compatible with Win 10 - just to mention that.

From the colour of the partition I'd suppose it's bitlockered. That kind of partition cannot be modified with our programs: BitLocker-Encrypted (BDE) Partition Support. Copy and backup is possible with some effort in HDM 15 and later. Partitioning is not possible. HDM 14 and older do not support Bitlocker at all.

Are all Windows 10 partitions bitlockered? Because I don't have this problem on my desktop and there are other partitions on this computer that can be resized.