Thread: HDM 15 vs HDM 17 restore files process... steps plz

HDM 15 vs HDM 17 restore files process... steps plz

Hello! I just installed HDM 17, had been using HDM 15 and have created many backup drive images using HDM 15.

So now I want to view/restore files from those images.

To do this in HDM 15, I'd select "restore from VD", select a .pfi file (VD Container), click "restore files", see the image's file structure, select file(s) to restore...etc.

For the life of me, after reading the manual and looking in this forum, I can't figure out a comparable method of restoring files from those same images using HDM 17...!

What am I missing? Can someone pls direct me to a paragraph in the manual or a link online to the step by steps of viewing/restoring files from an HDM15 image?

Thanks!
    Lisa W.

Re: HDM 15 vs HDM 17 restore files process... steps plz

Hello!
    Quote Originally Posted by guitrldy View Post
    Can someone pls direct me to a paragraph in the manual
    man.jpg

Has this been resolved? Sounds pretty crazy that a newer version of HDM cannot open a older backup and restore individual files without having to use WinPE. Why bother paying for an upgrade if core features are lost?? I guess I'll just keep using my paid version of HDM-15 ...

R

I have the same experience: I've been using Paragon for several years now and just purchased Paragon HDM 17. Apparently there is no facility to restore unless the backup was created on the same computer. This *WAS* possible in all previous versions of Paragon but now it has been removed.

Also, Paragon has radically changed their user interface over the last three versions (15, 16, and 17). What are those Paragon application engineers thinking? Don't they know that most professionals don't like change?

Apparently it's time to start looking for another backup solution.

I agree and have that same frustration and am thinking of just using v15 or finding another solution. I dont like to pay for a dumber solution than the prior version.

Having said that, one thing I have never figured out on v15 is how to do differential BUs. I see how to do incremental, but not differential. Is that possible in v15?

Thanks