Thread: Change path of completed back-up jobs

Change path of completed back-up jobs

I store my image back-ups on an External Hard drive. Over the years, I have saved about a dozen of them. The older ones I use as a source for retrieving old data files by mounting the drive and copying the desired files to my PC. I have recently bought a new larger and faster (USB 3.0) external hard drive and have copied over my Paragon backup folders to it. However, the back-up path listed in my backup jobs listing in Paragon Backup and Recovery insists on looking in the original drive for the backups The despite the fact that I have assigned the original drive and assigned the new drive to the former drive letter of the old drive. The path shown in the back-up job individual list is the old drive with its new drive letter. So how to I change the path so that it looks on the new drive. I created these back-up using Paragon Backup and Recovery 16. I also have Paragon Hard Disk Manager 15--Backup and Recovery Compact. Thanks.

Re: Change path of completed back-up jobs

The following assumes HDM 16. If you have another version there is probably a similar feature. Do not rename any files or folders. Instead, select the Backup and Recovery tab at the top of the screen. Then at the bottom of the screen select the middle tab "My backups." At the top right of that screen there will be a grey tab "Add Backup". Left click on that tab and browse for backup file. You need to pick either a *.pfi file, or a *.pfhd file. Select this file, enter the password if requested, then click OK. It will show up in your list of backups. You should verify it, either by using the "Verify" button on the left or by right clicking on the backup entry in the list and selecting "Check backup". Right clicking on the old list entry will give an option to delete the entry for the dead backup entry. Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Tundra View Post
    The following assumes HDM 16. If you have another version there is probably a similar feature. Do not rename any files or folders. Instead, select the Backup and Recovery tab at the top of the screen. Then at the bottom of the screen select the middle tab "My backups." At the top right of that screen there will be a grey tab "Add Backup". Left click on that tab and browse for backup file. You need to pick either a *.pfi file, or a *.pfhd file. Select this file, enter the password if requested, then click OK. It will show up in your list of backups. You should verify it, either by using the "Verify" button on the left or by right clicking on the backup entry in the list and selecting "Check backup". Right clicking on the old list entry will give an option to delete the entry for the dead backup entry. Good luck.
    Thank you. Unfortunately I have BR 16, not HDM 16. In this version, there is no Add Backup (or any other) tab on the My Backups screen. I will try to find and install HDM 16 and see if it works.
    Last edited by bobjbkln; 28.08.19 at 05:16. Reason: updated

I am also wondering about the ability to import existing BU jobs done on another PC. Paragon HDM v15 has this ability, but I do not see it in v17. It looks like v17 has a prettier UI but is dumbed-down vs v15 :-(