I have a Bitlocked 250GB hard drive for work. I want to clone the 250GB drive to a blank 500GB drive. I am not allowed to decrypt the drive nor do I have means (meaning the recovery keys). I am having trouble confirming if the sector by sector copy of the whole bitlocked drive will work. Can someone confirm this works before I have to find out the hard way?

Back story:
My IT department gave me a new computer that was supposed to have 500GB drive. Instead, they gave me a 250GB hard drive. I didn't realize this and they didn't realize this until several days of setup of the new computer was completed. They told me they didn't have a procedure for cloning drives. UGH!!!! I went through the approval process and found that there isn't security issue related to cloning the a encrypted drive sector by sector, however my IT department doesn't want to mess with this. They also don't want to decrypt the drive to clone it. The way they want to handle this is to reformat and start over. UGH again!! In the past, I copied an encrypted drive sector by sector and it worked fine. However, it wasn't bitlocker. Therefore, I am not sure if the sector by sector copy will work for a bitlocked drive. Your thoughts here are greatly appreciated.