Thread: UNC path for destination cannot contain more than three "\"

UNC path for destination cannot contain more than three "\"

Hello, I am trying out Paragon Backup & Recovery 17 Free. I am trying to create a backup, but I am not allowed.
    For backup destination, I chose Network locations, then "Click here to add one" so I clicked the "click here".
    When I go to "Share path", I can enter \\server\MyName but that is all, I cannot enter a deeper path; i.e., I want:
    \\server\MyName\ParagonBackup\
    but only two backslashes are allowed, then the server, then one additional slash, and that path, but no more backslashes.

Can someone confirm if this was the intent or is this a bug, and is there a workaround for this?

Thanks,
    -Rob

Re: UNC path for destination cannot contain more than three "\"

\\servername\share is the base you create as "Network Storage". Once you finished the configuration you select this item and now you can dive into the path to select the location for your particular backup.

Re: UNC path for destination cannot contain more than three "\"

Quote Originally Posted by banshee View Post
    \\servername\share is the base you create as "Network Storage". Once you finished the configuration you select this item and now you can dive into the path to select the location for your particular backup.
    Thank you for your suggestion. My only problem is that my NAS is set up for all users so that each user has to go to:

\\NAS\users\Rob
    for instance, for my home directory.

If I try to go to \\NAS\users it will not allow me because I am not technically "logged in" under my user path. Suggestions?

Thank you!