Thread: Hard Disk Manager Advanced 17 Will Not Create Backups

Hard Disk Manager Advanced 17 Will Not Create Backups

I recently installed an update in version 17.2.3. I am attempting to perform a full drive disk image backup to my NAS. However, it always fails to complete successfully stating the volume is locked by another application. I have rebooted Windows 10 to see this same message.

paragon_backup_error.png

Does anyone know work-arounds for this issue?

Re: Hard Disk Manager Advanced 17 Will Not Create Backups

0x12015 is a VSS error. It means that the VSS service is blocked (security software for example) or simply not started. Check the services “Microsoft Software Shadow Copy Provider” and “Volume Shadow Copy”. The default state should be finished resp. not running and "Manual". If one of them is "Disabled" you set it to "Manual" or "Automatic" and start it manually.

Older Paragon programs simply requested a reboot if the VSS could not be used. Newer programs refuse to continue with 0x12015 in such case.

Thank you so much for posting. I just checked both services, and both are set to Manual.

As for security software, I use no third-party software and simply use Windows 10 Defender.

I had opened a support ticket for this issue 24-Feb. There is no response as of yet.
    Last edited by Jamil; 02.03.19 at 17:18.

Does anyone have a solution to this? I just installed 17CE yesterday on two different machines and have the problem on both machines.

Machine #1 = Windows 10 Pro
    Machine #2 = Windows 7 Pro

No third party defense software ... only what comes with windows.

I tried changing the two services above with no luck.