Thread: Microsoft exFAT/NTFS - Android

Microsoft exFAT/NTFS - Android

after a whole year of using this app to manage an external on my android box this app decided it wanted to mount my drive and has stopped picking it up completely, the drive wont mount at all on android now reporting it as unsupported.

lve tried the external on my laptop and its loading fine leaving me confused as to what has changed.

Re: Microsoft exFAT/NTFS - Android

Any luck getting it to work? I'm running into the same issue trying to mount a 3TB Western Digital external desktop drive. Says its an unsupported file system even though it's formatted as NTFS. The external drive also works just fine when connected to a windows PC.

that depends, at the time l was in the process of getting a new Android Box as well. and its working on my new one without issue.

that said at the time l did run a Scan Disk on the drive and it supposedly found some errors so that may have played a part, however l dont know if the issue still persists on my old Android Box as lve not tried it. in my case however the drive in question is a 120gb SSD.

(on a side note the only difference between my two boxes is one was 7.1 and my current is now 8.1 Android)

Thanks for the response...I'm using a Nexus player running Android 8.0. Not sure it supports 8.1. But, that may be the issue.

also worth running a Scan Disk, l dont know past that why my old box didnt like the drive that had worked with it for so long any more.